- Certified Genealogist
- 39 years of experience in genealogical research in Western Kentucky;
- Graduate - Samford University Institute of Genealogical & Historical Research - Advanced Methodology & Professional Genealogy courses;
- Graduate - National Institute of Genealogical Research, Washington, DC;
- Graduate of National Genealogical Society's Course in American Genealogy;
- Author and co-author of, and consultant for, numerous articles and manuscripts on historical and genealogical subjects and families;
- Instructor for International Internet Genealogical Society University course on US Land & Property Research;
- Instructor for US Land & Property Research Course at AOL On-Line Campus
- Host of the Calloway, Graves and Fulton County, KY Web Sites for the KYGenWeb Project
- Recipient of the Kentucky Genealogical Society's "2000 Western Kentucky Outstanding Service to Genealogy Award"
- Commissioned a "Kentucky Colonel" in 2001 by Kentucky Governor Paul Patton in recognition of contributions toward genealogical research in Kentucky
- Member of:
- Kentucky Historical Society;
- Kentucky Genealogical Society;
- Calloway County, KY Genealogical Society;
- MO Genealogical Society;
- National Genealogical Society;
- Society of American Archivists;
- National Institute of Genealogy Alumni Association;
- Association of Professional Genealogists, and others.
- Will do literature, record review, and general research for surnames in the Jackson Purchase area of Western Kentucky, including Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken counties, using my huge in-house microfilm and textual record collection of the area;
- Will also do on-site research if requested during regularly scheduled visits to the area;
- Cemetery research with grave marker photography if requested;
- Document transcription and abstraction available.
- Lecture & Seminar Presentations
- $20.00/hour with 2 hour minimum;
- Copies of records, where available, at $.15/page;
- Initial evaluation of proposed research available to client at no charge, with several levels of approach possible.