Graeme J. Haigh
Grajohn Genealogical Services
PO Box Q213
Queen Victoria Building
Tel/Fax: (02) 9564 6458 (Australia)
(+61 2) 9564 6458 (International)
Alternate Phone: (02) 9560 4260 (Australia)
(+61 2) 9560 4260 (International)
United Kingdom |
Grajohn Genealogical Services
My name is Graeme Haigh and I have been researching my own family for over thirty years in Australia and England. I have acquired considerable skills utilising public records, parish registers and other resources.
I have established my own research business, Grajohn Genealogical Services, to assist others in their research in Australia and other countries. I live in Sydney, Australia, and my primary area of research is in New South Wales. However, records in other States can be researched as well but to a lesser extent.
I belong to the following organisations:
- Society of Australian Genealogists
- Genealogical Society of Victoria
- Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society
- Calderdale Family History Society
- The Huddersfield & District Family History Society
- Victorian GUM Inc. (Genealogists Using Microcomputers)
I have easy access to:
- General Reference Library and Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales
- State Records (formerly Archives Office of New South Wales)
- National Archives of Australia (formerly Australian Archives)
- Land Titles Office, Sydney
- Society of Australian Genealogists (SAG)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales (Probate)
These locations cover a wide range of subjects including:
- Births, deaths and marriage indexes for all States. (Note that access to birth indexes is restricted for births after 1920 in Victoria; after 1918 in New South Wales and similar (but varying dates) for other States.)
- Newspapers for New South Wales and major interstate cities and towns
- Inwards and outwards shipping records (mainly New South Wales but some early ones for other States)
- Convict Records (mainly New South Wales)
- Directories and Electoral Rolls
- Probate for New South Wales and Victoria, with access to copying service at New South Wales Supreme Court and Deceased Persons Estate papers.
- Land records for New South Wales
- Naturalisation records (for New South Wales from 1834 to 1903)
- Cemetery transcripts for many New South Wales and interstate cemeteries.
Lost Relatives and Friends Service
Have you a long lost relative or friend who may now live in Australia? My tracing service successfully reunites English families with their Australian cousins. Regretfully I am unable to include adoption tracing at this time.
My charges are A$30 per hour. Subject to the Registries' privacy restrictions, I can obtain certificates and transcriptions of certificates for most Australian births, deaths and marriages at cost. Travel time may be payable if research is required at State Records, NSW, Kingswood repository. I accept payment by personal cheque in major currencies but an additional $20.00 will need to be added to cover bank charges for foreign currency cheques.
I accept payments by PayPal but a 5% surcharge applies to such transactions.
Email me with an outline of your request for research and I will provide you with a no obligation estimate of what may be required in terms of time and charges. Alternatively, you may write to me at the postal address noted above with your research request details. Please include local postal stamps to the value of 65p (UK) or $1.00 (US), or two IRCs, with your request.
Please use the form below to request additional information.