Research at the Public Record Office:
Medieval and Early Modern
Transcription and translation of
Wills, Inventories, Deeds and Other Documents
« English and Latin »
Member of the
Association of Genealogists and Record Agents
- MA single honours in Latin from the St Andrews University
- MScEcon in Archive Administration from the University of Wales
- Currently employed at the Public Record Office on the Elizabethan Patent Rolls project (C 66).
- Transcription of English and Latin documents.
- Translation of Latin documents into English.
- Computer reproduction keeping as far as possible to the original layout of the document.
- Documents undertaken include wills, inventories, deeds, probate records, charters, court rolls, manorial documents, criminal and assize records, extents, tax records etc.
- Research undertaken at the Public Record Office, specialising in medieval documents. Help offered to genealogists and historical researchers. Chancery, Exchequer, Star Chamber, etc, records can be researched.
- PCC will searches and extracts undertaken at the Family Records Centre.
- I charge £20.00 per hour, with charges for travel, postage and packing.
- For overseas clients, who pay by dollar cheques, there is a small charge added for cheque handling.
- Contact me with a description of the task, and I shall give you a free estimate of the cost involved.
- Most assignments are completed within seven days.
- Referees can be provided for, if necessary.
Please use the form below to request additional information.