German Translation Services
Transcription & Translation of handwritten and printed texts in "old German." Translation, certification, and notarization of official records (licenses, certificates, decrees, transcripts, etc.)
- M.A., German
- Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Studies
- Great German Short Stories of the Twentieth Century: A Dual Language Book. Dover Publications: Mineola, NY: 2012.
- Say It in German: New Edition. Dover Publications: Mineola, NY: 2011.
- 1001 Easy German Phrases. Dover Publications: Mineola, NY: 2011.
- ATA American Translators Association
- CTA Colorado Translators Association
- TTIG The Translators & Interpreters Guild
- Translation of documents written in the Old German
Script (Kurrent, Sütterlin, Fraktur):
Church records, state registries, family letters, postcards, diaries.
Other items of genealogical interest.
- Translation of contemporary correspondence:
Letters to German archives, government agencies,
churches, libraries, and private persons.
- Translation of Historical Texts:
Official documents (birth and death certificates,
certificates of baptism, marriage and divorce decrees)
- Documents written in the Old German Script
Print: $15.00 per 100 English words (discount for
longer projects--includes transcription and
This task is very difficult and time
consuming - hourly charge: $30.00.
Documents written in Today's Script:
$10.00 per 100 English words (discount for longer